Saturday 25 February 2012

Get Stoned


Hi people of Kris' blog, as some of you may or may not know I'm from Scotland and a keen guitarist and pianist, yeah strange mix.

Yet I think both of these wonderful instruments have a great amount of uses for powerful emotional messages that artists can use to help raise awareness on subjects, a song I'm going choose for this post is a wonderful song called "Get Stoned" by a wonderful band called Hinder.

Now, I'm very much against the use of drugs, and this song really doesn't promote drug taking much at all but what I love about this song is it has such a good rhyme to it, a 'partyish' feel, and a feeling that no matter what you just gotta go on and have fun with life.



 Life is a strange thing, you can spent years trying to guess what the meaning is and not come any closer, for the truth is no one really knows, whether you believe in god created it, or an evolutionist, no one really knows why life formed. Or if there truly is a meaning or not.

What I love about this song is it really can just pick you up even when life just isn't going your way. I often listen to this song and it's just one of those.songs that you can sing along with, it draws you in, offers you a glance of brilliance, of happiness, of just feeling good, that's what I believe songs are about.

It doesn't matter what songs you like, whether it's metal, pop, or even classical, if it even draws you in for a moment, if it inspires you to do great things, or just even make you feel good then the song has done its purpose.

Often, when I need a hit of inspiration, for ether school work, making a new song, or just when I feel low, a great song is all it takes to lift me up most of the time, music is just a wonderful tool.

Now this is me signing off, but I'd like to leave you a awesome quote:

"Life is like a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once. Make sure you don't regret what you brought"

John Stowe

Haha, it was a great post even if I did spend about 30minutes checking your grammar and CAPITAL LETTERS!

I would like to inform everyone that vote lines are now open click here to find out how.

Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment