Sunday 7 October 2012

Being True


“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” 

― Oscar Wilde

I have never really wrote around a quote before so this is a first for me. I was in the middle of writing a post that just didn't suit me. I don't know why but it didn't probably because I had never experienced the feelings myself.


So if you don't know who Oscar Wilde is then he is some eccentric poet from 1800's who, in all honestly, was a bit full of himself.  He was, nevertheless, inspirational. I'm not quite sure if that's the right word, but what I am trying to say is that I agree with most of his ideas.

Whilst being sentenced to hard labour on the charges of sodomy (performing homosexual acts is the politest way I can put it because I will not be using certain words on my site because I might just die of embarrassment - and that must have been the longest bracket's ever wrote) he managed to remain witty and true to himself through the entirety of the court case.
When first I was put into prison some people advised me to try and forget who I was. It was ruinous advice. It is only by realising what I am that I have found comfort of any kind. 
-De Profundis
Allen GinsbergAnd then there was the the transcendentalism of Ralph Emerson. He believed in the inherent goodness of a person and was often perceived to be the champion of individualism which, sadly, appear to have been forgotten in the modern day. When asked to sum up his beliefs his single doctrine (core belief) was the "infinitude of man"

Or then there was madness personified in Allen Ginsberg, a person who certainly didn't mind what people thought of him and who certainly didn't hold back in what he said to them.


Sure, most of you will think I'm on drugs again and talking some load of utter twaddle but if I was to define my doctrine it would be that I'd rather be hated for being the annoying bundle of loudness and energy which I am then pretend to be something I'm not.


And for that I am extremely sorry to those poor souls that I call friends.

'Till next time,

Kris 

No comments:

Post a Comment