Sunday 24 June 2012

I Miss You

Hiya guys my name is Jamie Martin! Before I say anything else I just want so say how happy I am to take part in Kris' blog! (KRIS: Ha! He doesn't realise its the audience who judge's the post not me!) 


Before I tell you what song I have chosen and why you need to know a little bit about me. Basically I'm bisexual and I really like this guy. The song i have chosen is BLINK-182'S I Miss You. The reason I have chosen this song is because the lyrics really fit into the situation I'm in: the guy I like and I have had an argument recently that has made me feel like I don't ever want to see him again; yet that I still care about him like crazy.


To me the chorus of this song indicates mixed emotions towards someone. When the singer sings "don't waste your time on me, you're already a voice inside my head" it's as if he's telling someone that it's too late, they're nothing more to him than a memory. Then he follows with "I miss you...", as if contradicting the previous statement. It's like this person has been hurt so badly by the one he loves that he just wants to them to leave and yet all he can think about is how much he loves them.

This is why I believe that this song is the perfect song to describe my relationships and how people never really get over their previous lovers as they will always have feelings deep down for them.

So I hope that the song means as much as it does to me and you can see my point of view.


Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment