Sunday 22 April 2012

Wouldn't miss it for the world

This weekend I had my Duke of Edinburgh practise expedition, for anyone who doesn't know what D Of E is all about, its an award that is about being able to survive by yourself in the country. Two days, full of rain, followed by cows, sore shoulders, cold mornings and stared at by horses. But I wouldn't of missed it for the world!

That's what so great about camping, the experience. Its the sitting in a tent playing cards or talking to random people whilst doing the washing up. It's shouting at a man who has just splashed water over you and calling after a cyclist who decided to try and run you over with his bike. It's that impossible hill that you think you'll never make. It's the singing at the top of your voice whilst walking through a field.

It's a lot, so even though my shoulders are as sore as anything, they'll get better. Even though I was as cold as anything I got in the bath and got warm. But that camp, I won't forget it. But do you want to know the best bit... we have to do it all again.
(Click here for full gallery)
Kris.

No comments:

Post a Comment